Purple Lamp was founded by industry veterans to pursue their passion in PC and Console gaming. A love for community driven strategy, management and light RPG games unites a team that has spent many years working together, where everyone knows what they’re doing and loves the games we’re working on.
Our team comes from many different countries: Austria, Germany, Italy, France, Iceland, Spain, Portugal, Great Britain, Sweden, USA, just to name a few.
The studio language is English, and we really enjoy working in a very mature yet passionate environment.
We’re looking for a Senior Technical Artist with a love for video games, to join us in working on both famous and new IPs.
- Develop tools, pipelines and workflows for the Art team
- Keep current with the latest technological developments and advancements throughout the game industry
- Research and develop technical solutions in order to achieve the artistic vision and visual fidelity goals of our projects
- Providing documentation and mentoring the art team to fully take advantage of our tools and technology
- Understand and keep with performance budgets and limitations of console platforms
- Experienced and talented Technical Artist
- Fluent with Maya, Unreal4, Python and other scripting languages.
- Strong knowledge of physically based shading and lighting
- Strong knowledge of content creation pipelines
- Strong grasp in Substance Designer/Painter, HLSL , etc.
- Experience in blueprints and node-based shader networks such as those found in Unreal
- Knowledge in 3D graphics and rendering pipelines
- Diligent and extremely organized
- Dedication and passion for awesome games and creating them
- Excellent English skills (oral and written), German optional
- Communicative and conscientious working skills
- Extremely motivated and creative
- Proactive problem solver
- 5+ years of experience in the videogames industry on shipped games
- Strong artistic and technical background.
- Experience in adjacent fields: 3D art, VFX, particles and physics simulation, animation, rigging
- Familiar with Scrum framework
- European citizen or EU work permit
- A rich variety of challenging and interesting projects
- A creative, friendly, and positive work environment
- Working in the center of Vienna, widely considered to be one of the “World’s Most Livable City“
- Competitive salary (14 times a year)
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days of paid holidays per year, plus an average of 12 bank holidays a year
- Excellent relocation support, to make you feel at home