Purple Lamp was founded by industry veterans to pursue their passion in PC and Console gaming. A love for community driven strategy, management and light RPG games unites a team that has spent many years working together, where everyone knows what they’re doing and loves the games we’re working on.
Our team comes from many different countries: Austria, Germany, Italy, France, Iceland, Spain, Portugal, Great Britain, Sweden, USA, just to name a few.
The studio language is English, and we really enjoy working in a very mature yet passionate environment.
We’re looking for a Senior Game Designer with a love for video games, to join us in working on both famous and new IPs.
- Be an engineer of fun!
- Design game features
- Create and communicate user stories
- Prototype, balance, and iterate game mechanics
- Create, blockout, and script level designs
- Supervise other designers
- Run and improve design processes
- Experience in designing action adventures & 3D platformers
- 5+ released games on PC and console
- Strong technical and analytical design skills
- Proactive personality and good communication skills
- Good English skills (written and spoken)
- European citizen or EU work permit
- Nintendo design philosophy
- Proven experience with Ue4
- Familiar with Scrum framework
- A rich variety of challenging and interesting projects
- A creative, friendly, and positive work environment
- Working in the center of Vienna, widely considered to be one of the “World’s Most Livable City“
- Competitive salary (14 times a year)
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days of paid holidays per year, plus an average of 12 bank holidays a year
- Excellent relocation support, to make you feel at home
Austrian work law binds us to indicate the legal minimum wage for each advertised position. For the position, it would be a minimum of gross EUR 3.094,– per month, 14 salaries per year (IT Kollektivvertrag, ST1/ Regel).
The effective salary depends on qualification and experience and may be significantly higher.