Purple Lamp was founded by industry veterans to pursue their passion in PC and Console gaming. A love for community driven strategy, management and light RPG games unites a team that has spent many years working together, where everyone knows what they’re doing and loves the games we’re working on.
Our team comes from many different countries: Austria, Germany, Italy, France, Iceland, Spain, Portugal, Great Britain, Sweden, USA, just to name a few.
The studio language is English, and we really enjoy working in a very mature yet passionate environment.
We’re looking for a Senior 3D Artist with a love for video games, to join us in working on both famous and new IPs.
- Develop high-quality 3D assets following the art direction and style established for the project
- High-poly to low-poly workflow for next-gen asset production
- Characters, environment, props and vehicles – depending on the specific project and tasks
- Communicate effectively and proactively with other team members and with other departments
- Demonstrate a positive, adaptive attitude and effective time management skills
- Participate in art reviews and respond to critical feedback in a professional manner
- Foresee risks and adapt with flexibility to the contingencies of the production
- Document, plan and articulate the work
- Experienced and talented 3D artist
- Advanced 3D modeling (Maya)
- Advanced digital Sculpting (Zbrush)
- Advanced texturing (Substance suite)
- A solid grasp of foundational art skills, composition, color theory, human and creature anatomy, design theory, etc.
- Able to follow and adapt to stylistic guidelines set by the Lead Artist/Art Director, both stylized and realistic look
- Proven experience with game engine(s)
- Excellent English skills (oral and written), German optional
- Communicative and conscientious working skills
- Love for video games and digital art
- Motivation and creativity
- Proactive problem solver
- 5+ years of experience in the videogames industry on shipped games
- Strong artistic and technical background.
- Experience in adjacent fields: 2D art, concepting, particles and physics simulation, animation, rigging
- Familiar with Scrum framework
- European citizen or EU work permit
- A rich variety of challenging and interesting projects
- A creative, friendly, and positive work environment
- Working in the center of Vienna, widely considered to be one of the “World’s Most Livable City“
- Competitive salary (14 times a year)
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days of paid holidays per year, plus an average of 12 bank holidays a year
- Excellent relocation support, to make you feel at home
Austrian work law binds us to indicate the legal minimum wage for each advertised position. For the position, it would be a minimum of gross EUR 3.094,– per month, 14 salaries per year (IT Kollektivvertrag, ST1/ Regel).
The effective salary depends on qualification and experience and may be significantly higher.