Purple Lamp was founded by industry veterans to pursue their passion in PC and Console gaming. A love for community driven strategy, management and light RPG games unites a team that has spent many years working together, where everyone knows what they’re doing and loves the games we’re working on.
Our team comes from many different countries: Austria, Germany, Italy, France, Iceland, Spain, Portugal, Great Britain, Sweden, USA, just to name a few.
The studio language is English, and we really enjoy working in a very mature yet passionate environment.
We’re looking for an Senior Animator with a love for video games, to join us in working on both famous and new IPs.
- Animate the movements of humanoids, beasts, machines and environment assets
- Rigging, Skinning and creating Blendshapes for characters and objects
- Occasionally develop VFX, particle effects and 2D animations
- Interface with other departments
- Communicate effectively and proactively with other team members and with other departments
- Demonstrate a positive, adaptive attitude and effective time management skills
- Participate in art reviews and respond to critical feedback in a professional manner
- Foresee risks and adapt with flexibility to the contingencies of the production
- Document, plan and articulate the work
- Fluent with Maya and Unreal4
- Experienced 3D Animator for videogames
- Able to follow and adapt to stylistic guidelines set by the Lead Artist
- Excellent English skills (oral and written), German optional
- Communicative and conscientious working skills
- Love for video games and digital art
- Motivation and creativity
- Proactive problem solver
- Experience with scripting
- Experience with other tools like Motionbuilder and AfterEffects
- Facial animation, lip-syncing, mo-cap
- Artistic skills: storyboarding, 2D animation
- Film making skills such as cinematography, pre-visualization, editing, and story writing
- Strong artistic and technical background
- 5+ years of experience in the videogames industry
- European citizen or EU work permit
- A rich variety of challenging and interesting projects
- A creative, friendly, and positive work environment
- Working in the center of Vienna, widely considered to be one of the “World’s Most Livable City“
- Competitive salary (14 times a year)
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days of paid holidays per year, plus an average of 12 bank holidays a year
- Excellent relocation support, to make you feel at home
Austrian work law binds us to indicate the legal minimum wage for each advertised position. For the position, it would be a minimum of gross EUR 3.094,– per month, 14 salaries per year (IT Kollektivvertrag, ST1/ Regel).
The effective salary depends on qualification and experience and may be significantly higher.